Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bows-N-Bears Baby Quilt

About two weeks ago, I began piecing together a baby quilt using the BowTie block. When I got the blocks joined and the border on, I wasn't totally satisfied with it. Something was missing and I couldn't figure it out. I put posts out to some Quilting Groups on FB for suggestions and got many. So I set the top aside for a week and worked on some other projects. Yesterday, this top decided to 'talk' to me. I wanted flowers in the white space and was thinking of trying to free-motion them on. Something NEW for me to attempt. However, the top had other ideas......it wanted some balance between the blocks and the border. So, I cut out some flowers from the extra border fabric and machine appliqued them onto the white space of the blocks.  I free-motioned a loopy pattern all over, (which is a first time attempt for me) purposely not stitching over the flowers to give them a poufy look.  I think it turned out pretty well.  :o)





No comments:

Post a Comment