Saturday, April 21, 2012

Busy Busy

I've been busy cutting, piecing and working on my Free Motion Quilting. I'm getting better at it......I think..?
Here's what has been accomplished this week......


I loved the way this lil Boy Baby Quilt turned out. This is such an easy block to make....
There are 12 blocks in the body of the quilt. The center rectangle is cut at 6 1/2" X 10" and the two blue rectangles are cut at 31/2" x 10". A blue rectangle on each side of the center rectangle. Two seams to sew and the block is done. I got the block pattern from a tutorial by Quilting in the Rain. She has such fun ideas!
I may do this block again in pinks!  Just not today..........lol




A 22" square Table Topper 
This one can be completed in a few hours. It's just 2 1/2" strips.
I made it yesterday...start to finish. (4.20.12)





This one is 15 X 37 1/2 Table Topper. As you can see, it is reversible. :)
I started the blocks for this on Friday (4.19.12), but then couldn't figure out how to quilt it without taking away from the block design. This morning I just decided to stitch a bunch of small loops on the white areas. Some stitch-in-the-Ditch along the white border and  ..............  Waaa-LA!  It's done. :o)



1 comment:

  1. I find sometimes you just have to let the quilt tell you what it needs. Sometimes I leave a quilt for a month, other times its overnight but eventually it comes to me. I won't start quilting it until it does! Nice table runner!

    ReplyDelete