Thursday, May 17, 2012

Back to the Patriotic Series

Well, my original goal was to update this blog once a week. That has fallen by the wayside....lol. I started out rather well though. Anyway, at the moment I still have three WIP's going on. Here's one that I finished up this morning. This is another lap-size quilt for the Patriotic Series. I have another to quilt (soon as I figure out how to quilt it) and bind and then two more to make. After that will be the Pets Duo and I will be up to date on the lap-size quilts. However, I have a Precisely Pink baby quilt on the machine in the midst of stippling and the top for another Table Topper waiting to be sandwiched, stippled and bind. At least I know what's on my to-do list.
So here's today's completion.....

American Freedom





and a 'Preview' of Sparklers


This is all glittery fabrics. Which looks really neat, but is a pain to get off the cutting mat and ironing board. Hee hee...wait til my hubby goes to iron his shirt....lol 
 The best suggestion I read about was to use a lint roller. :)  Works pretty well too. 
Anyway, I haven't tried stippling this size yet, so this may be my first attempt at it. Usually, with the lap quilts I just stitch-in-the-ditch. You know, play it safe. However, I really, really like the way this quilt is coming along and am probably going to stipple it. :)   Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment